- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know they have been nominated.
The Sunshine Award is awarded to "bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere." This is the origin of the Sunshine Award that I found around the web. I was nominated by Bonnie Rose @ A Compass Rose, and she is an inspiration to me as well. But you obvously can't nominate the person who nominated you because they've already been nominated. I decided to participate because I thought that the interview questions were pretty interesting.
The general rules of this award are:
11 Random Facts:1) I used to have a real life pet hedgehog. I should probably write a post about my experience, but for now, here is a cute picture. Her name was Winifred.
2) I used to be big into concerts. I've seen so many bands live, like Incubus, RHCP, STP, Steve Miller Band, Fiona Apple, Joan Jett, Helmet, Bif Naked, and lots more. It's interesting that my focus isn't so much on music like it used to be.
3) I have a French Bulldog, named Louis. I got him here in Germany. They are bigger than American French Bulldogs. Mine is 30 lbs.
4) I recently spent a week of solo travel in Naples and the surrounding area.
5) I am obsessed with traveling.
6) Someday I want to have a library filled with awesome books. For now, I have a bookshelf in the corner of my living room.
7) I'm actually not that crafty of a person. I have great ideas but get bored too often and give up.
8) For my wedding I had 5 bridesmaids who lived in different states and essentially never met before. It was interesting seeing them all in the same room interacting.
9) I got married in a Victorian Museum.
10) I've lived in probably over 20 houses in my lifetime.
11) I like to make lists and plan out future goals, no matter how crazy they sound.
- Something you are looking forward to in the next fortnight (two weeks)?
- What is one thing your readers may not know about you?
- What is a short time goal you are currently working on?
- What is a lifetime dream you would love to achieve?
- If you were to have a dinner party what celebrity would you invite?
- Favourite comfort food?
- If you were to have a quiet night in what film could you watch over and over?
- Is there a book you have been wanting to read but have not yet?
- Your next dream vacation will be to where?
- If you wrote a book (fiction or non fiction) what would it be about?
- Favourite item you own?
Interview Questions for my Nominees:1) What is the first concert you ever attended?
2) Do you have a pet? What is it?
3) Name a mini goal of yours and a long term goal that you have or will be working on.
4) Coolest place you've ever traveled to?
5) If you had no limits, what would be your dream job?
6) What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?
7) What are you obsessed with right now?
8) If you could learn to play a new instrument, speak a new language, or instantly fix one of your flaws, what would you choose?
9) What is something you regret that you wish you could change, or do you live your life with no regrets?
10) What is a new hobby you've been wanting to try out?
11) What is something readers don't know about you?
My Nominations:Bonnie @ Living with Thanksgiving
Sandy @ You May Be Wandering
Dannielle @ Chic-a-Dee
Deanna @ From Casinos to Castles
Michelle @ Malaysian Meanders
Alexandra @ Ifs Ands & Butts
Katherine @ A Year in Fire and Ice
I wanted to let everyone know in advance that there there will be a pretty awesome GIVEAWAY coming up on my blog, so keep your eyes peeled (I hate that expression) for that.